Monday, August 30, 2010

The Wrangler's No Good, Horrible, Very Bad Day

It started with the dentist. Grr.

And went downhill fast.

Monkeys found themselves in BIG TROUBLE.

To their rooms they went.

For HOURS.

And it never let up.

The Little woke up an hour early from nap. Imagine him mewing. Continuously. FOR FOUR HOURS.

The dog ate several alphabet blocks. Enough to spell NHPWK.

I had to cancel a playdate. I hate it when the BIG TROUBLE ends up punishing me.

We were late for an afternoon appointment due to crying, whining, and the lost shoe tragedy.

I spent WAY too much at Target for necessary but very uninspiring things.

Monkeys spilled an entire bag of dog food on the laundry room floor.

I kept thinking the Head Monkey was scheduled arrive home and rescue me tonight. Until he reminded me THAT HE WASN'T.

I hit my head on the bike rack as I was closing the trunk of my van. AGAIN.
I am not a smart woman.


As I rushed to the side of the Middle as he howled in pain, the dog took the opportunity to eat all of our dinners as they sat on the table. Those plates were LICKED CLEAN. Double dinner making time.

The Little has not had a poo all day. I suspect that gift will arrive at THREE A.M.


All that, and Wilber the Wonder Turtle has to go back to his home in the science classroom tomorrow.

I am bereft.
He is the best little turtle I have ever known.


And I love him so.

Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. And I dried my favorite shorts. They don't fit. BLERG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what you need? 2 slices of toasted wonder bread with death spread.

    I'm so sorry. Mamma sai there'd be days like this. There'll be days like this my mamma said.
    Finally, I submit to you that your good friend "regression to the mean" says that tomorrow *will* be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps. Mamma also said that she really dislikes her iPhone touchpad. And she doesn't say she "hates" it because that isn't a "word we use."

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far, tomorrow is better. Nothing like regression to the mean, WW.

    ReplyDelete