Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm in love. . .

. . .with the man who records the update on the Inclement Weather Line for the sports fields in my county. It's a rustic, mid-Atlantic drawl that I find so comforting. . .especially when he says. . .

This is the Inclement Weather Line.
Today is Tuesday, September 28.
All fields and grassy areas are closed due to wet field conditions.






If I ever see him, I will kiss this man square on the mouth. He has freed me from soccer. And you moms out there know how delicious a freed-up afternoon can be. It's like a snow day in the fall.

Can I get a woot?

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Reminds me of my brother-in-law who though entirely devoted to my sister, is also in love with the voice of Fiona Ritchie from the NPR show "The Thistle and Shamrock". She has this awesome lilting Scottish brogue. I myself am a sucker for the Aussie accent. Must have been early imprinting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you really love is rain.....the voice is just the conduit to the state of bliss.

    ReplyDelete