Monday, October 4, 2010

Bobby. Johnny.



Wrangler: What's the bus driver's name?
Big: Bobby.
Middle: Johnny.

Bobby.
Johnny.
Bobby.
Johnny.
Bobby.
Johnny.

You get the idea.

Wrangler: Ask him his name. The polite thing to do is to greet him by name when you get on the bus and thank him by name when you get off.
Yeah, says Little, perfectly on cue and always quick to point out what would be the mannerly thing to do.

Big, if his name is Bobby, give me a thumbs up when you get on the bus. Middle, if it's Johnny, you give me a thumbs up. That way I won't die of curiosity while you are at school.

They agree to the plan.

The bus arrives.

Middle converses with the driver.

I wait. With bated breath.

What do I see framed in the school bus window?

Two little monkeys. . . .

EACH WITH A THUMB UP.

2 comments:

  1. I have laughed out loud at their little selves for a full 24 hours! When questioned, they said they both responded because they were both wrong, but that Big was "closest." Ha.

    ReplyDelete