Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Proust Questionnaire--Interactive Edition. Part One

All right. Our numbers now have reached a critical mass of 10! Can I get a WOOT?

I am ignoring the fact that Tutcibachi is registered twice and proudly declaring that I have 10 followers!

Thanks to Soccer Mom for being proud #10!

Since we have reached the double digit milestone, I now believe it is time to launch. . . .

The Proust Questionnaire---Interactive Edition



For those of you that don't know, or have never read the back page of Vanity Fair magazine, the Proust Questionnaire is a series of questions first answered and published by Marcel Proust. These questions are fun, thought-provoking, and insightful for both the one answering the questions and the ones enjoying the responses.

Which brings me to the INTERACTIVE part of the program.

Each week I will be posting a few of Proust's questions along with my responses here. Your job? To read and answer the questions for yourself. Comments needed to play. If you don't choose to participate, I may send the cheeky monkeys to your house during homework and dinnertime. That means you, all you reluctant commenters. I am currently too polite to name names. But don't push your luck. Fun, yes?

And one more thing.

I think I'm ready to go a bit more public. So feel free to share the link with friends that you think would enjoy visiting Cheeky Monkeydom now and again.




Here's to the first ten! You are strong, fabulous women (and one man) with fantastic web aliases.

Love,
The Wrangler

9 comments:

  1. OK, first my comments on your comments. My answers will follow in another post:

    Your favorite qualities in a man: Fidelity
    Not hard enough (no pun intended)...though fidelity is a mandatory trait, it should be the baseline on which men are judged and the bar should be raised well above that.

    Your favorite qualities in a woman: Empathy
    I get this. Very important.

    Your chief characteristic: No idea. I am not self-actualized enough to know. Any ideas, readers?
    You are loving, smart and passionate. I cannot pick one.

    What you appreciate the most in your friends: Humor and intelligence
    Always good to laugh, especially with intelligent people.

    Your main INTERRUPTING! fault? See previous.
    Not in my best interest to even contemplate an answer to this question. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I was worried maybe I registered twice!! Sorry!

    Lovely answers from Mr and Mrs. Monkey :) Here is my go at this -

    Male quality: ethical/moral . . as in, I've always known if my dear spouse was faced with a really difficult ethical dilemma, he would always make the right choice

    Female: totally agree with you - empathy

    Chief characteristic: I think empathy without sentimentality

    Most appreciate about friends: being self-deprecating and generous

    Main fault: control freak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, here we go...
    Male quality- integrity, hands down

    Female quality- I would also go with empathy but also would choose a positive attitude

    My chief characteristic-that's pretty hard, but I'm generally pretty level headed and calm which doesn't make my life nearly as dramatic as some other folks I know

    I appreciate encouragement and honesty in friendships, and finally

    my fault that is bothering me the most today is sloppiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie---you are one of the most level-headed people I know! And Tutcibachi--I think you have described Mr. Tutcibachi perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quaity in a man: intelligence and integrity. I can't pick one. I loved Tutcibachi's answer so much because we are constantly finding ways that our men our similar, and this is another. It's a quality that I've admired in my husband since high school. (story upon request)

    Quality in a woman: authenticity. I thought about this one for quite a while. It's different from what I will say for what I want in a friend. Even if I don't like a woman, I can appreciate her if she is authentic. I don't like fake.

    Chief characteristic: I have a lot of positive energy.

    In a friend: honest love

    Fault: why is this the easiest to answer??? I am absurdly anxious, and it get's the best of me and prevents me from doing and being the things I want to do and be.


    As for comments on comments, Tutsibachi and Wrangler: I know you too well to distill you to a couple of words. I agree with your answers. T is a super problem-solver, and I think that's in part due to her ability to be empathetic without sentimentality. I know I can go to her with something and come out with a thoughtful plan of action. And Wrangler has taught me to peel beneath the obvious surface and find the deeper meaning in things. That's the first thing I think of when I think of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I have never noticed that the Wrangler interrupts. Maybe it's because I do all the interrupting?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WW--I love that you hadn't noticed. I am a one-woman interrupting epidemic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your favorite qualities in a man: sexiness
    Your favorite qualities in a woman: kindness

    Your chief characteristic: I can sing

    What you appreciate the most in your friends: A listening ear, fun!

    Your main fault? not fully listening


    If not yourself, who would you be? That is a tough one...I really like myself...so would create my non-known-self to be like myself:)

    The gift of nature that I would like to have? Tp grow leaves

    How I wish to die: An exciting death where people will talk about it for years to come!

    Faults for which you have the most indulgence: my spoiled, youngest child;)

    ReplyDelete