Sunday, November 7, 2010

Family Field Trip


 Pine Forest II by Gustav Klimt

A few weeks ago, Middle took a field trip to a local art museum.  Ever since, he has been asking to take the whole family.  Proud as a peacock, he gave us a guided tour of "his museum"--- he was strutting through those galleries to show his brothers the mosaics from Antioch, the Matisse room that had fourteen paintings and sculptures all by Matisse---we counted, and the miniature gallery.  Little gave a running commentary through the entire place, Big and HM debated over whether or not pieces were actually ART, and, despite an overzealous security guard's attempt to rain on our parade, we had a fabulous time.   Our first real field trip since the arrival of Little, eleven months to the day that he joined our family.

Enjoy Pine Forest II.  I want to go there. 

3 comments:

  1. This is fantasic! Tell Middle that I want to hear all about the museum when I see him. FYI = I read a great book about Klimpt and his muse before Vienna. I got to see his murals - very very cool. I want to go there too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Klimt. Not with a p. Not a different one. I am "wise;" I am not a good speller. Whateryagonnado?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise Woman--Middle asked me to tell you that "Texas Rocks."

    ReplyDelete