Monday, November 8, 2010

I have an unnatural attachment. . . .

. . . to my crock pot.  
Oh, I love it so.  

The crock pot has changed my life.  When Little arrived, I had NO IDEA how I was ever going to feed my family EVER AGAIN.  I relied on the kindness of friends to feed us for two months, but then I realized that I needed to get back in the game.  And my ace in the hole?  The tool that would see me through?
YE OLD CROCK POT.  OR TWO.
Tandem crock pots.  Bliss!


I have a good friend, we'll call him Mr. Pleased as Punchwho derides crock pot cooking.  He even has a crock pot vocabulary---beef in the crock pot is BARF.  Chicken---CHARF.  He is certainly NOT Pleased as Punch when he is served food from these vessels of joy, claiming it all tastes the same.  I am here to proclaim. . . . NOT SO!  NOT SO!!  This is not your mother's crock pot cooking!


This changed everything.
This book, and Stephanie's fabulous blog, allowed me to get dinner on the table again.  And, due to the variety, spices, and inventive ingredients, not a  
CHARF 
or  
BARF 
has been had.

Come to my house sometime!  I will make you something hot, delicious, and slow-cooked, baby. 


9 comments:

  1. Hmmmm....I'm skeptical. And, I'm outing you: you actually have 3 crock pots. I know because I gave you mine. And have since stolen my mother's. Who then bought a new one. I recently made non-barf barf. But, it involved something called "rotel." That has tomatoes in it. Wonder what Mr. Punch has to say about crock pot tomatoes... Anyhoo, pass me a charf, I mean "chicken" recipe, and we'll see. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outed. I do have three. But one currently resides near West Virginia and has no lid. So I put a plate on it and call it a day. Which is fitting, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhahaa! I'm scared to ask what a charf is...

    I'm glad to be of any help to you and your family.
    :-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a personal friend of Mr. Punch, I will take this one, Wrangler...
    Charf = chicken in the crock pot. Barf= beef in the crock pot. I have never made pork in the crock pot, but I suspect that would be parf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love CrockPots- mine just broke and I'm in the market for a bigger, better one! I have a couple awesome recipes (that don't taste the same!) that I can send your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love me some crock pot cookin'! My son calls it "hobo stew" as it tastes like what they put in the fire when camping out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 3 crock pots and I'm single! So no need to feel bad about your 3 crock pots!

    If you are ever have a craving for sloppy joes head over to Monkeydom on a Wednesday night! They are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, this may inspire me to dust mine off again. I was a lover of my crock pot until I went off meat - at least being a participant in the cooking of meat :) - and I couldn't find many vegetarian recipes that didn't include a pound of cheese and a cup of half and half. Do you have any veggie recipes that you like that won't kill you??

    ReplyDelete