Thursday, November 4, 2010

Texas Brownies




Tonight as I was tucking in Big when he revealed that a boy in his class (we'll call him Kid to protect the guilty), was teasing him at school. Whenever Big makes a comment, Kid says.....

Add it to Big's Stupid List.


Well, with the Big I did the right thing. Told him to tell Kid to stop it and if he didn't, to ask his teacher for some help. Big begged me to intervene, but I told him that he had to try to handle it himself first.

I was steaming mad. I wanted to call the teacher, the mother, the grandmother, the neighbor, anybody who would listen to me rail on Kid and would help me get some freaking JUSTICE. But, that would be wrong. He is only a KID, after all. Instead, I took the high road---I started texting Wise Woman.

Here's how we handle stuff like this in Cheekymonkeydom:

Wrangler: Remember when what kids did didn't bother me? Those days are over.

I've had to sit on my hands all night to keep from calling the teacher. Big is being picked on by a kid named Kid. I wish I could square up on that Kid and kick straight him in the batteries but that would be unladylike.

Wise Woman: I don't remember you ever not caring what kids did to your kids. Errrr.

Wrangler: All fired up and have to let him handle it. Grrrr.

WW: Maybe the phantom Wise Woman can send him poop in a bag...

Wrangler: Yes. Texas poop is the best kind. Here is the line I'm going to encourage him to use...
You know what's stupid, Kid? Calling people stupid. Please stop.

WW: Perfect. And then tell him you have a brownie. Only it's poop.


Beware the brownie, Kid.
It's coming for you.
From TEXAS.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing the right thing...poop in a bag is necessary!...no, that's not what I mean...

    Ms. Wrangler...your young big will benefit greatly from handling the situation just as you described. You are there for support...and he will have you there once he connects with the Kid and the teacher. He will feel the empowerment of having a voice and learning adults are there to help.

    Texas brownies...heh heh heh

    ReplyDelete