Friday, July 9, 2010

Fun Mom Friday



My husband's cousin, Moriah, has a great blog that chronicles her life with her adorable children. I have enjoyed reading Moriah's sensible, loving, and FUN posts for several months.

Check her out at www.pleasepassthesalt.net or look for her on my blogroll.

Moriah is the creator of. . .
FUN MOM FRIDAY
as a way for us moms to stop for a moment and think about how we brought the fun this week.

This week, my family has been vacationing with dear friends at the beach (who have four cheeky monkeys of their own). Each day we spend the morning at the beach, have a short inside break in the heat of the day, and then close out our day by the pool.

This year I thought it would be fun to have snow cones EVERYDAY. By the pool. BIG FUN for cheeky monkeys!

There are six kids old enough to eat snow cones, so each day I choose a "trusty assistant" to determine the favors being offered, solicit the orders, and deliver snow cones to his/her friends. The benefit of being the trusty assistant? You get EXTRA syrup. Yum.

7 comments:

  1. Sno Cones! I LOVE snow Cones! That is super fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. I posted about sno cones too! I like your plastic cones though. We're super boring and just use styrofoam cups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, looks like I need to get a sno cone maker! I'm outta the loop on this fun thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Pool and sno cones! I'm in!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm thinkin' we NEEEEEEEED a sno cone maker. And plastic cones, too, of course! My kids would think they hit the big time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow Cones sound awesome. I love the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow cones every day?!?! I'm sure every kid I know would say you were the MOST fun mom!

    ReplyDelete