Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fun Mom Friday


I have such fun all week thinking about what I will post on Fun Mom Friday. Thanks to Moriah for hosting this at her fun blog, Please Pass the Salt.

This was a terrific week---one of those rare weeks when we did not have a jam-PACKED schedule that had monkeys hurling themselves in fifteen different directions. Very relaxed, spontaneous, and unfrenzied-like. We had simple fun, lots of good old-fashioned monkey play time. Big and Middle built a fort for Little and they happily played in it each morning. We swam for a little bit each day. We baked, chatted, read, and laughed. We drank a lot of tea and ate a fair amount of junk. Fun was had by all.

But the best part? The big fun in our simple week?







Yup. I downloaded Alvin and the Chipmunks songs onto my iPod.
And everytime they asked to listen, I SAID YES.

I said yes 1,658,432 times.

And those chipmunks can't get outta my head.

Happy Friday.

7 comments:

  1. Shoot me now. My sister in law gave my youngest that cd for Christmas. RIGHT before a road trip. I ended up with all the kids (hers and ours) in my van and had to listen to that soundtrack for 2.5 hours.

    I "hid" it back in March after three months of listening to it non-stop. You just triggered my memory.

    If FunMom Friday were a competition, I'd vote for you to win. Non stop chipmunk listening is proof you're the funnest/nicest mom on the planet.

    So...for the glaze on those cookies, I followed the recipe below (powdered sugar/milk) and we used Wilton bright green paste to color it. But the recipe says you can use green food coloring. I think it even tells you how many drops.

    http://www.amandascookin.com/2010/05/watermelon-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, well, I don't know whether to yay or boo! ha ha ha (just kidding)

    My kids have yet to be introduced. I, on the other hand, loved watching those chipmunks when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! I actually really like this song, but I'd never heard it Chipmunk style. However, when I played it just now on your blog my three year old suddenly left what he was doing to come check out what was going on in my office. Then, afterwards, he said, "Let's do it again, Mama!!" Too funny! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny and fun! Happy Friday!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, I love the music from the Chipmunks movie! We don't, however, own the cd, so I only hear it when the movie is on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--you are a nice mama!! What a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, it is another reason that I don't need an iPod. :) I would definitely need a break from all that cuteness.

    ReplyDelete