Monday, July 12, 2010

Noble Pursuits


To be certain, there are many pursuits that could be considered noble. To me, two of the most noble pursuits include reading and baking.
When these two pursuits are combined, that makes for one happy monkey wrangler.

I have been enjoying Gesine Bullock-Prado's memoir My Life From Scratch: A Sweet Journey of Starting Over, One Cake at a Time. It is full of interesting, delicious recipes and chronicles how one woman finds joy every day by playing with butter and sugar. The writing is sharp, witty, and honest. I highly recommend it.

Gesine and I both feel the same way about baking and what it does for our overall happiness. Baking is not about being recognized by others for making something delicious. . . .it is the act of baking itself that soothes the baker. But. . . along with feeling soothed? You get sticky buns.

Check out Gesine's blog on my blogroll: Confections of a Closet Master Baker

And those sticky buns? Delicious. And this baker? Soothed.

3 comments:

  1. Yumm....will check out the recipe! Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They aren't actually sticky buns. They are Sweedish coffee rolls. Hee hee. Forgive me - how could I resist???

    On a serious note - I love this blog, and I love that you love to play with sugar and butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parsons--you yourself are a cheeky monkey. Watch out. You may get wrangled.

    ReplyDelete