Friday, July 16, 2010

Fun Mom Friday


I admit. I was not super fun this week. I was cranky, crabby, and sleep deprived. My attempts at fun were hampered by someone (not just me!) having a foul attitude.

So, I was befuddled by what to post. Should I talk about our failed attempt at fun at Tutti Frutti? Or our snuggle reading time that ended in an argument? Or how I put a kibosh on bike riding in favor of cleaning?

To quote Carrie Bradshaw, I couldn't help but wonder. . . .


DID I DO ANYTHING FUN FOR THESE MONKEYS AT ALL THIS WEEK? ANYTHING??

And then, it occurred to me. I may not have done anything that could be classified as fun for all this week. BUT, I made a choice earlier this summer that has brought this hoard of cheeky monkeys and their mama some BIG FUN.


MEET WILBER.


Wilber is the class pet of my boys' science teacher. After considerable begging, debating, and cajoling, I agreed to let Wilber live with us this summer. Even against the advice of the Wise Woman, who declared that Wilber was likely going to become a treat for our dog Tuck.

Wilber is fun to watch. He is fun to talk to----I mean AT. And he is a great conversation piece. While I may not be bringing the fun in a big way this week, I did agree to bring Wilber home. For this mama, that IS bringing the fun, baby.

5 comments:

  1. You are a fun mom indeed. I always say NO (maybe a little too emphatically) when my kids want to bring "pets" home for the summer or even after a science unit.

    (But I can't see Wilbur. Your picture isn't showing up. I'm assuming he's some sort of rodent-like pet. Which makes me a little glad I can't see that photo.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've been sleep-deprived this week, you're certainly not alone!!! Occasionally my kids find turtles out around our house. Heaven help them (the turtles!) when they do. ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Click on the arrow---Wilber is munching his cherry tomato like a good little box turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think wise woman should be Wise Woman. And, you always bring the fun! I would have fallen on the floor had I heard you choose cleaning over a bike ride! Whaaaaat??? It may be time for an intervention! As some wise woman once said (not Wise Woman, some other joker), you will never look back and wish you had spent more time cleaning.
    Pursue with nobiliy!

    ReplyDelete